Sunday, December 13, 2009

Early Christmas Gifts

God knows how stressed I am for the past few weeks. I don't seem to get enough time for my own family and even for myself. Not that I'm complaining about school work (I've already learned how to love and appreciate my studies), i just want a BREAK from this nerve-racking routine. It's as if after submitting a requirement for school, my brain automatically shuts down for the next 24 hours, which is not good!
But the Lord never fails to surprise me with great things and I am more than blessed for all the early Christmas gifts he gave me.
1. A Grade of C in chapter 2 of our thesis
- It was quite a relief to know that everyone in our class got a C. Why did Mr. Venida gave us a C? For him, C means "Continue working". So technically, he didn't give us a grade. Thank God, it wasn't an F.
2. Pia and Kirae
- Pia texted me out of the blue if I was doing anything. Since I didn't want to do anything productive that night I called her immediately. Our chat lasted for more than an hour. I won't tell the details of our conversation, but I surely miss her. Thank you for bearing with me. You know that you can count on me as well. Love you Pi!
- Kirae's YM avatar is a pic of us taken during LTAB of YE 20. Another person whom I miss big time. I shall see you soon girlfriend. Love you Kirae! This one's for you.


3. Kythe
-Kythe means healing through simple sharing and togetherness. It's true that every moment spent with these kids can actually make them happy and feel alive. But personally, I cannot deny the fact that these kids have helped me more than I helping them. They're smiles and innocence makes me want to be a kid again. They remind me to concentrate on what is good and nice about life and to stop being pessimistic. I love them. I love being with kids. They make me want to shift into a different career path. Can you imagine me teaching toddlers?
~*~
Photo of the Week

Sleeping Chinggay during Kythe-Ateneo's Make a Splash at Manila Ocean Park last August 2009.
~*~
4. Immersion = Memorable Vacation
- I never thought that I would actually love to live near the sea. Unisan, I shall return. I'll make a separate entry for this.

Season's greetings ~ Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment