Monday, October 26, 2009

My Last EvSem

AEA Evsem 2009

Last weekend, I officially had my last Evaluation Seminar in my college years. How time flies so fast that I can still recall our Planning Seminar last summer. Not to mention the dreadful thing they did to Perfect. Though some were not able to attend, I still enjoyed this crazy weekend with the AEAmazing execom.

We had difficulties planning for our EvSem. Karen, Ari and I were all going gaga about the venue, transpo, food, and waiver forms. Even the night before Evsem, we were still doing last minute planning. I also had to stay up late to work on my presentation for the next day. Talk about cramming.

First day of EvSem went well. We stayed at Carrillo Garden Resort. I love the place and the cottage where we stayed except for the fact that we all had to share 1 bathroom. The owner was also sweet enough to lend to us one of their function rooms for free. For 3 hours, we evaluated all the projects for the first semester. Tiring? Definitely! But going through the process was worth it. By doing so, I think we were able to pin down all the strengths and weaknesses of each project. I was also able to show them my team's girly presentation. Hindi nga lang masyado pinansin, at least my deputies liked it. We also had our Execom Evaluation. Words of encouragement, praise and some expectations flowed during the whole discussion. Compared to last year's EvSem, this time we were really able to realize a lot about our org, projects and ourselves.



Me together with my deputies presenting project evals. Chuck discussing External's department. Kris' catching-the-flying-cereal-using-his-mouth stunt. Julius, Meryl, Precious and Karen during one of the GDs.

Second day - Half of the day was set for planning and presentations of our second sem projects. I'm impressed with the Gant Chart which Karen introduced to us. Afterwards was free time!!! Most of us enjoyed the pool, freezing air breeze (with thick fog) and alcohol. While the others preferred to stay in the cottage and watch 500 days of summer, do some girl talk and sleep.



Kris and I (with the rest of the top 9) discussing the budget for the whole Evsem. Girls' prank on Ari. Everyone enjoying the last night at the pool area. Last pic before going home.

We left the place at around 11:30 am last Sunday and had our lunch at Mcdo. Budget, 150pesos per person. Thank you, Jeanne for the MCDO gift certificates. Hurray for 2-hour drive back to Manila. I'm super happy we got back earlier than I expected. I really hate long travels, they never fail to make me dizzy after.

That weekend was both work and play for me. I felt like I was the "adult supervisor" that time. I took charge of the finances while Ari wasn't around. First day, we had Andok's chicken.for dinner. I was accompanied by Migz and Ken that night. It was my first time in the bayan so I really didn't know where to go. I have to thank my parents for making me eat in carinderias. When Andok's only had 11 order of rice, I had to look for a carinderia so that I can get enough rice for everyone. Second day, since everyone was busy planning, Ari and I went out to buy lunch and dinner. We still bought Andok's chicken for lunch then ordered barbeque for dinner. I had the chance to bond with Ari for an hour while waiting for the barbeque, rice and pictures. Even though he was sabog, he still made sense when we were talking. Last day, when I needed to turn over everything to Ari, I thought I lost 600php. Then after re-computing, lost was down to 300. And then after re-computing again, no lost incurred. God knows how scared I was when I thought I lost 600. Now, I know how it feels to handle a huge amount of money - such big responsibility.

After all the stress, finally I got to rest at home. Angelo even paid me a visit that Sunday after driving all the way from Punta Fuego. He brought me 3 sunflowers and fruits. He really knows how to make me smile.

Personal Messages
AEA Execom:

Guys! You were all AEAmazing. One more sem! kayang kaya ito. I love you all.

For everyone: I hope your weekend wasn't as crazy as mine. And if it was, I know you were able to handle things well.

~*~*~*~
PHOTO OF THE WEEK

If you noticed, aside from my usual blog, I have another project for my little library. On my sidebar, I included my project, PHOTO OF THE WEEK. Here, I shall share to you my favorite pictures both old and recent. I'm certainly excited to update this every week. :D



For my first photo, it's a stolen pic of me and my dad taken during my 18th birthday celebration. I guess I really am a daddy's girl. (Actually, I'm both mama and papa's girl. :P) I was teary-eyed after our dance. I love you, papa.

~*~*~*~

Tata ~ Rica Gran

No comments:

Post a Comment